That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Butterflies are Coming, The Butterflies are Coming!

It would seem normal to most to have butterflies in the stomach about a big adventure - at least I think so. The thing is - I don't normally, at least not until it is within a 24 hour period of said adventure. I stay so busy, I keep my life so compartmentalized, that normally I wouldn't be thinking this much about something and for this long.


The big news for those of you that know me really well is that I am almost packed - or shipped as it may be. I have 3 boxes going out today via UPS. Thanks to Debbie for packing them - you are a life saver - I would have let them sit there until crisis struck and they had to go NDA. I have purchased every ice pack, rub, cream, ointment, pain pill (legal and over-the-counter of course), heat wrap, brace, bandage, and tape you can think of! I will have a make-shift hospital triage in my room! Can you tell my biggest fear is injury?

In a very weird set of circumstances, I am pretty well prepared and left wondering how I am supposed to act now. I keep waiting for that proverbial "other shoe to drop" because things seem to be going so well. Oh well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

My daughter's birthday is Saturday and I even have her present ready to go (thanks to Becky!). This is a new feeling for a new me - ready and prepared (not as prepared as Debbie or Becky would be - but nonetheless, prepared for me). I kind of like this feeling.....

1 comment:

  1. shipping stuff, not a bad idea. I am just starting to get my stuff together, if it ends up being a lot I wills ship some ahead of me! Thanks for the idea!!

    ReplyDelete