That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 2, I survived it!

First I'll give you today's menu - the food is REALLY good and on the phone tonight my dad asked if I was hungry and I have to say NO and tonight at dinner - I really couldn't finish all my food. It is so nutritious and voluminous that it is really filling!

At 6:30 this morning I had my RMR (resting metabolic rate) tested and I was pleased to find that I had a "high" metabolism, but I already thought I did.  What that says is that there is NO reason I should have let myself get in this position!!   But I did and here I am.....  I found that if I "sat in a chair" all day, I would burn 2448 calories and that if I was "active" defined as taking stairs, parking farther away and caring a basket while shopping instead of pushing a cart - that's an extra 732 calories burned!!  So, now we're talking 3,180 calories burned.  Then, you add exercise, just an hour a day and you've got another 400-500 calories and wow, now we're talking 3,680 calories.  So if I am consuming (while here anyway) 1200 calories a day and burning way more than those calories - I should see major results.

I have a lot more to say about what I have learned on that note, but I am too tired to tell you all about it tonight.  The hike I took this morning was amazing!  It was my first "off road" hike.  There were Indian carvings and cliff and drop-offs and gorges and all I can say is it was breath-taking.  Here are a few of the things we saw.

The girl next to me is my AWESOME new friend Kay from Austin, Texas and she is a hoot!  She keeps me in stitches.  I just wish I had my camera at breakfast when she showed us all how Gene Simmons would get the last drop of smoothie out of a glass.  She is a riot.  Everyone here is great and so focused and so positive - I can't say enough good things. 

I had some serious foot pain this afternoon, so instead of killing it on a cardio machine, I took two back-to-back pool classes and this is NOT your grandma's water aerobics!!  I am sore!  But I'm glad I did it because my foot feels so much better.  No quitting around here - just modification and push on. 

Well, I have laundry to finish - you burn through a lot of clothes that are drenched in sweat, so TTFN.

3 comments:

  1. Wow they check your RMR, thats great. Enjoy the burn, you are doing great and I love reading about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the hard way gets easy and the easy way gets hard"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful, happy to see you have something inspirational to look at while you are kicking butt! Love you sis and keep up the good work. PS. Glad to hear you aren't starving!

    ReplyDelete