That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 3, Wednesday is hump day and it almost knocked me out!!

Wednesday is hump day around here for sure. It was an eventful day for me. It started off fine, did the Stop Sign hike again because the one I wanted was full. That turned out to be a good thing as those that went on Barrel Roll suggested it would have further aggravated my foot. The good news is that I did exercise, even though I would have used my foot as an excuse at home! I finished 5 miles today, limped part of it, but I did it! I burned 1,243 calories on the hike and that was more food than I had today. So from my post yesterday, we know I have a resting metabolic rate of over 2,000 and since there is 3,500 calories in a pound – I was already well on my way to losing weight.


Then it was off to the pool. The pool is hard, but I love it because my feet don’t hurt. After pool was lunch and then a lecture on Breaking Emotional Barriers. It was during that lecture that the altitude sickness and the dehydration hit. Dehydration is a funny thing – I am drinking tons of water, but I am just peeing it back out and not absorbing any of it. So it was electrolyte tablets in the water and I am feeling much better.

I had my first ever Acupuncture treatment tonight. She was treating the dehydration and the altitude sickness only since it was so bad and I am going to go back tomorrow to have her work on my foot. I really liked her and she was incredibly knowledgeable!

Not a lot of picture taking today, I have really not felt up to it. But there are a few. I grabbed a picture of the menu board and yes, the beet soup was INCREDIBLE. If you had told me a week ago that I would be scrapping the bottom of the bowl for the last spoonful – I wouldn’t have believed you! It tasted like it had tons of cream and bad stuff in it, but it didn’t and it was awesome! Yes, I am raving about beet soup. It was my favorite thing all day, but the CafĂ© Salad was a close second.

I promise to write more tomorrow, I know this is not that informative, but I think I need to go to bed. Good night all and thanks a million for all of your wonderful comments – keep ‘em coming! TTFN

PS I almost forgot, today is our 14th anniversary!  I love you Jim and I would do it all over again!  You are my very best friend and thank you for making this trip happen.  Love ya, babe!

2 comments:

  1. Everyone talks about the pool class being so difficult. Why is that? I'm a water nut and swimmer for years now and imagine that to be the easiest. Just curious.
    Hope today you are feeling well after a good night sleep. Stay strong and stay hydrated. Enjoy every moment of today, it's going to be a good good day! Oh, and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the foot, dehydration and altitude issues...but that's a good reminder you're not taking a walk in the park.
    It's a snowy day In Jackson and I would love to have some of that beet soup today...bet you could use other vegetables in same/similar recipes.
    I really appreciate your blog!

    ReplyDelete