That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 4, It really does get better!

The day started with an incredible hike call 3rd Ravine.  We started at the bottom of the hill and climbed to the top of the mountain you see in the picture (the one on the right), we made it to the top!  That was the great part, but coming down was not so much fun....I tore my petella (sp?).  Anyway, the pictures are awesome!  Ice and some accupuncture seem to be helping the knee a lot, oh and a lot of vitamin I as they call it around here.


Today's schedule was:

6 AM Total Body Conditioning
7AM  Breakfast
8 AM Hikes
11:15 AM Stretch Class (LOVE IT)
12:30 PM Lunch
1:15 PM Cooking Demo
2:30 PM Pool
3:30 PM Ball Works
4:30 PM Treading
5:30 PM Dinner
6:15 PM Menu Planning

There is no time to stop, next week gets better as we don't have to attend the lectures and that gives a little breathing room.

Here are some more pictures of the terrain we are climbing.  Lots of large muscle work, which is burning off the calories!  Makes for some sore quads, but happy faces when you get to the top.  It really is amazing what our bodies are capable of.

I never had my phone in the dining room today, so I missed pictures of the menu board, but it was all great.  I can't wait to try the chef's recipies at home!   They really are so much volume of food for so little calories.  I did not finish all of my food at any meal today - I still can't believe that.  We really do need so much less food than we think.  We have been marketed to death on adding this and adding that, we just need less of everything!

For all of you in Jackson who have signed up at the Y, I am so happy for you!  I hope you get everything you want out of it and I hope you find all that you are capable of.  There is a lady here on a walker and she is such an inspriation!  She walks at least 6 miles everyday and is gaining so much strength.  There is a couple here that are in their late 60's and early 70's that walked 18 miles today - they are in there 6th week here and came here "off the couch."  She came in as a size 20 and is leaving this weekend a size 12 and he was a 42 and leaving a 36!  We have accepted way to many boundries for ourselves.  We can do anything! 

I have so much more to tell you, but I am too tired - must sleep!  TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Bobbie, Just wanted to let you know that I look forward to your blog each night. Keep up the great work, that couple sound amazing, maybe I'm not to old to come after all. Enjoy your weekend. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Climbing that stuff? I surely hope my amazing body holds out and gets me through climbing what looks like something I just can't imagine doing! Must be exhilarating knowing you made it to the top and back down again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN! What an inspiring blog!! Thank YOU Thank YOU Thank YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been an honor to be here with you! Though I will miss you, I know we will remain friends and will continue to support one another. Thank you so much for all the encouragement and fun! xox Kay

    ReplyDelete