That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 5, TGIF - no matter where you are Friday still rocks!


First off, this is the view from my bedroom window!  What a view to wake up to every morning - God's handiwork is beautiful.  It is an inspiring place to be - even though I am more of a beach person than desert any day.  But I can find the beauty in my surroundings with the best of them - as my mom said, snow capped mountains are pretty anywhere.


This beautiful picture on the left is how I spent many hours today - icing my knee.  After doubling checking what I was told in my stupor of pain last night - I tore the muscles that hold the pattela in place.  Now I have a beautiful pink brace made of Kinesio tape (by the way - awesome stuff).
Today's menu was all great as usual.  I don't eat fish, so I had a Boca Burger instead tonight.  Here's is the best picture I could get of the menu board - my phone doesn't like when the sun beams in that window (but I do).

I left my schedule somewhere today, so I can give you that run down, but I just did gym and pool today.  I opted not to hike do to my knee and I did some major mental work while in the gym this morning.  First of all, I had to have a talk with myself that just because my knee was hurt didn't mean I couldn't work my upper body.  So, after me and myself had a through talking, it was off to the gym and 2 hours later I felt like I had accomplished something!  I worked my upper body on every machine and then one of the trainers came in and showed me some great cardio modifications and I got my heart rate up there for a good work-out too.  Then I did an hour in the pool.  Most of the rest of the day I spent off of my knee, talking to the trainers and working on my calorie budget and looking at way so change my life at home for the better.  So time off for the body, time invested in the mind - but, I still worked out for 3 hours today!

That's about all I have for tonight.  I have some work stuff to get done, so off to that.  Thanks for all of your comments, I love reading them every night before I start typing the blog!  You are all an inspiration to me!  TTFN

6 comments:

  1. Bobbie, this is Bev Ondera. I did join the "lose it with Bobbi" and it was perfect timing...I had just made myself commit to a 1200 diet too...so timing was awesome...
    Just read Friday's blog...
    Hoping the best for you...
    lots of people in the Y!
    I'm off to Zumba in the morning...you'll have to joing zumba when you return...great fun and exercise
    Hope your knee is better soon...sounds like you have alternative exercised til then...
    I'll keep reading...
    and I'm looking forward to reading some of the recipes you have or I'll buy the book...I'm trying to ONLY eat food I enjoy and keep it to 1200 calories...that way I'll stay on it for life...
    can't wait til you are back in Jackson and all of us who joined the challege add up all the weight we've lost ..yipee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to read about your knee. One of my fears is injury interfering with my focus and dedication I have right now. Great job modifying and still getting out there and making sure you were taking advantage of the healing time in positive ways! Take care of yourself and hopefully you will heal quickly. Have a beautiful weekend! Stay strong!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job. I am sure the mental part of things is just as important as the physical so great job being aware of that. I love reading about your day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with an injury, you continue to inspire your readers. I hope your knee heals quickly, thanks for sharing as always!
    Enjoy your weekend and feel better quickly.
    One of your devoted readers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinesio tape....looks like a fancy pink knee tattoo. :)
    Very interesting how you took care of yourself and worked out at the same time. Good for you!!!!
    Don't know if you got my private e-mail, but I'm off to Japan next week....and they eat very healthy over there....and everyone is pretty active.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. Hope your knee recovers quickly! Great that you've got tape on it to help. I'm from ROCKTAPE, the hottest in kinesiology tape for athletes (better "snap back" and adhesion). Please feel free to email me and I'll send you free samples: scott@rocktape.com Check out our taping guide for other methods: http://rocktape.com/wp-content/uploads/instructions%20front.pdf

    ReplyDelete