That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 7, A Day of Rest and Reflection

There are so many stories to tell - at several intervals today, I kept thinking of ones I haven't shared.  Then I sit to write and I forget!  The new recruits arrived tonight and one lady is trying to quit smoking which reminded me of one of the amazing success stories.  A lady that is here for 5 weeks, arrived last week smoking a pack a day.  As of Friday, she had not smoked once and said that she had not even missed it!  How amazing - no step down, on gum, no meds, just hard work, sweat and good food and she is feeling amazing!  So happy for her!

Sunday's are to be a day of rest and that is how I used it, but it was really hard.  It was hard to be away from my family, my home, my job, etc.  This was the only day I have been hungry and boy have I been hungry!  My stomach has been growling all day!  Funny how when your body doesn't have something to focus on, it focuses on hunger - or at least mine did today.  After complaining about the workouts all week, I can't wait for it to start tomorrow - the time off is hard, too much time to think about what I have left at home to come here.

So since I am here - here we go with today.  Today was weigh in day and this is NOT the TV show.  No one here, not even the men, had numbers like you see on TV.  In fact, Susie from Season 2, was here last week and she had a lot to say about that.  She reminded us that a week on TV is more like 2 or even 3 and that there is a lot of purposeful dehydration prior to weighing in. 

Today, I had a real-life weigh-in.  I ate breakfast at 7, had my normal 2 cups of hot tea and 2 glasses of water.  I ate my fruit and my muffin and I had my weigh in an hour later.  I also stopped taking my fluid pill last week after the dehydration episodes, so my real weigh in was a little disappointing I must admit.  They say the average for women is 2 lbs the first week.  I had 4 lbs, but I was still expecting more.  According to the multi-weekers before me, week 2 is better.   The trainers say that the body is in shock and just holding on to the weight and that when it realizes you are going to continue this, then it starts to fall off - we will see.

The menu board shows what we ate and I mostly caught up on my TV watching and a little paperwork.  I did my laundry and napped.  That's about it.  We'll see what the new week holds!



My knee is feeling so much better with the rest and here is Monday's schedule:

6:00  Yogalates
7:00  Breakfast
8:00  Hikes
11:15  Pool or Mountain
12:45  Lunch
2:30  Circuit Training
3:30  Step-n-PUKE (can't wait - NOT)
4:30  Pool
5:45 Dinner

With week 2 and beyond, I have some free time after lunch and after dinner, no required lectures!  We just have to do an extra class every day, for me that will be the 6AM class every morning.  TTFN

4 comments:

  1. 4 lbs! WOW!!! That is great!!! Sounds like you had a great first week. I will continue praying for you. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Bobbi...the slower than expected weight loss is probably just another test to past in our weight loss journey...we put this weight on a little at a time....BUT we want it off FAST....just know you are going to lose the weight and it WILL be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great week, how awesome you find yourself craving more workouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay strong for week 2! Those pounds will be disappearing soon. Don't let the scale beat you. You know it's all that muscle you're building. :)
    Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete