That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Extra, Extra, Read All About It

WOW, I knew the pictures would end up in the paper - BUT I wasn't expecting to have my fat plastered on the front page - IN COLOR!!!!!! I do have to thank Steve Keller for being gracious in his interview and writing a telling tale of the journey I am to undertake and the contest the Y is conducting.  But wow, again - wasn't expecting front page and color.....you don't even have to buy the paper to see my fat.  However, as much as I am freaked-out over this - the truth is that anytime you look at me - YOU CAN SEE MY FAT!  It doesn't have to be in Spandex, you can see it just fine in jeans and a T-shirt!!  I have to keep telling myself - it is what it is.  What's that saying...about a pig and lipstick....there should be one about fat and Spandex!

All I can say is this BETTER be helpful to someone, somewhere and I sure hope people get something out of this, in other words - I sure hope my public humiliation is not in VAIN!!!

9 comments:

  1. How brave of you! I don't think I could do it. Afterall, no one can see my cellulite, right??? Notice how I didn't use that three letter word. I'm not ready to yet. Good for you for facing it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is awesome that you are willing to do this, and you absolutely will be inspirational to many! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are great, I can't wait to meet you in a few days. I love what youre doing and it will help someone else. Front page just means youre a the real deal. You now have a whole town behind you and you are going to impress alot of others as well as yourself. Lets get the show onthe road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! My local paper wrote a paper about me a couple of weeks ago. Thank God there was no picture. And I was out of town when it went to print. I'm not shy about telling people about my journey, but I felt like I was broadcasting it in the paper. But the response from people has been that i am an inspiration to them. One said to me, I need to start exercising. If you can do it, I need to. That was the reason I did the article. I wanted people to know we all have start somewhere. I hope your article does the same in your community!

    Also, don't you just love the Y. I began my journey by enrolling in the Y. Sorry that I will miss you at FR. I am attending April 25-May 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't help but chuckle a little when I opened this post...of course it was on the front page!! Hehe...can you believe we'll be there in just a few days?!? Can't wait to start this journey...only regret is I only get to stay there with you a week! See you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is helpful to me! You are so brave and even though I don't know you I am proud of you. I think most people will look at that full color picture of you and think "wow, I wish I had half the guts of that woman". You are an inspiration, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are already helping me. :) So, there you have it! Every time I think about cheating, I think about you, and I walk away. Every day that I stick with this is one day that I am closer to my goal! Yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this in The Telegram this morning, and you're definitely and inspiration. I'm going to join the Y's program and work out, and hopefully be just as successful as I know you will be. :D

    You're brave for having the before picture in the paper. I thank you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remember how powerful you are. You are going to do this anyway, so the accountability can only help! I know of no person more capable of achieving their goals than you! You have always set an example for me, and you have shown me what it means to take control and make your wishes really happen. I'm sure you will do the same with this and that you are going to be an amazing example to everyone around you! Much love, biff

    ReplyDelete