That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How this happens....



I've heard people say "How does someone get so fat?" "How did you let that happen?" Well, it happens so slowly that sometimes it just sneaks up on you, especially when you are focused on other things.




This picture shows pants I can wear now on bottom, pants I wore just 4 years ago next, and on top are shorts that I wore on the day I met my husband. I wasn't even "skinny" back then, at least not compared to my youth.




So, a marriage, a move, a new job, two kids, five dogs, a non-profit, a hysterectomy, a husband's open heart surgery, and the list goes on...... These are not excuses, they are just life. My life and my choices. My choices - that's the biggie!! Now, I have to make different choices so I can get different results - at least in the area of food and exercise.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You go Bobbie!!! You GO!! Good on you!

    I look forward to reading your blog!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete