That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Stuff


Lots of new stuff arriving in the mail daily. It is amazing how much stuff I need to lose this weight - it was so easy to gain it. There are running shoes, gym shoes, hiking shoes, pool shoes and comfortable shoes. Also needed are hiking pants, jogging pants, sweat pants, yoga pants, bike shorts and hanging out pants. Then there are sports bras, ankle braces, knee braces, trainer's tape, ace bandages, body glide, foot glide, moleskin, 2nd skin, band aids, bandages, blister covers, duct tape - that stuff is good for EVERYTHING, and a Camelbak. I haven't even started in on the socks....anti-blister, double layer socks - some for hiking, some for running, some for cross-training and some just to keep my tootsies warm!

I was about to really start complaining about the money and all the stuff - could this healthy thing really be cost effective - then it hit me..... I spent way more than this getting in this condition!! Let see, McDonald's, Dakotas, Toro Loco, Red Robin, Donatos, Burger King, ohhh Sonic, Cardos, Uncle Bill's chili, Doritos, Kettle Chips, Amish Bakery Donuts and I could go on and on! Of course there were new clothes to buy, new shoes to buy - yes, my feet got fat too, and too many medications - ones for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, reflux, and so on. Hmmm, I'm starting to see a pattern of spending here.....maybe I should take a closer look at this idea of how much it is costing me to lose this weight.....maybe I can't afford to stay fat!!

On that note, I think I'll sign off. TTFN

4 comments:

  1. WOW. What a blessing to be able to go to something like this. I will follow with you and pray that you have good results and can learn some things to share with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim!! I need all the support I can get. It looks like the YMCA is going to do a promotion in conjunction with my trip. I want to make sure everyone that wants to can follow along in the journey and learn what I learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true about the money thing!

    ReplyDelete