That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Thursday, February 11, 2010

The pictures are coming....ouch!

Tomorrow, at 1:30 pm, my local newspaper will be doing an interview and the YMCA will be doing my "before" pictures. So, since the paper and the Y will have them, I might as well post them on here! More accountability!

The YMCA will be offering a contest for locals to sign up and lose along with me. Tuesday's edition of the Telegram will run the interview and the details of the contest. Hope some others will join in and lose some weight and get healthy with me!

Tonight I am trying on work-out clothes to decide what to wear....just how much fat am I going to show? They will post my weight, body fat, BMI and all that jazz, but the pictures are the scariest! I don't think I can go all the way to the Biggest Loser standard of the sports bra and spandex shorts, but we will see. I have always said it doesn't matter because everyone can see just how fat I am anyway - but when push comes to shove, I don't know if I can do it!

Wish me luck or should I say - wish me courage!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Bobbi, Just wanted to let you know that I will be following your blog. My daughter Jerica arrives the same day as you for a month. February 21st is her 29th birthday and she's hoping it will be the beginning of a new way of life.(She is booked on the 9:30 am express shuttle) I probably won't convince her to write about it but I'm excited for her just the same. I will be keeping her 2 year old son and we'll skype on the computer each night so she can see him and tell me about her day. Hope the two of you can meet up and have a fun a safe stay at the resort. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paulette, I can't wait to meet Jerica! I am sure we are both going to get so much out of this experience and we are both so fortunate to have the priveledge of this incredible opportunity! I will be using Skype too! I am leaving a husband, 12 year old daughter and 9 year old son at home. I will miss them incredibly, but Skype is a great tool to make it more bareable. Hope you enjoy the blog! Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi,
    Take risks! (That's what it takes for us all to become the people we want to become!)

    Congrats on creating a strong web of support for yourself.

    You will do this. Slow, steady, intelligent, and with a vision for a healthier tomorrow.

    Good on you!
    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek, Thanks so much for your positive words. You are a wealth of encouragment to all you have the priveledge of knowing you! Thanks, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add that we live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. So we are almost neighbors. Paulette

    ReplyDelete