That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow, Day One is under the belt!

I am so exhausted, but I know many of you are dying to know what happened so blog away I go!

First thing I have to say is that 6:00 AM comes early, even if you are used to East Coast time!!  The first "class" wasn't really a workout, it was just an intro to all of the machines and they have a lot.  There was stuff I had never seen - not even in gyms in Columbus.  Then it was off to breakfast. 

I was so hungry that I forgot to get a picture before I started eating, so all I got was my half-eaten food.  It was  a veggie frittata and fruit and it was yummy.

Then the so hyped "Stop Sign Hike"  it really wasn't as bad as I had heard.  It was only 4-1/2 miles uphill, starting at 3000 ft above sea level and going to 4000 ft.  That said - it was tough.  The air is really thin and it was a struggle to breath!  With some help on breathing technique from an awesome guide, I made it.  My official time today was 1:39.  Doesn't sound great, but that included a potty break and remember before you judge - it's ALL up hill!!  Here I am at the top and still smiling!


After that I had a blessed stretching class - luck of the draw there, as there are 3 different rotations.  The stretching after the hike was awesome! 

Lunch couldn't come fast enough - it was chili and it was incredible for only being 400+ calories.  Here's a copy of today's menu board.  There was a lecture after lunch and then.....I started to wonder - what in the heck did I get myself into!


It was 3 brutal classes after lunch.  First up was step and pump and I really did almost puke!  I really didn't think I could make it to the end, but I did!  Yeah, me.  Then it was pool, which I loved - execpt that it was 30 some degrees outside and the wind was blowing like crazy.  After pool, you have 15 minutes to run to your room, change and make it to circuit.  2 mins on cardio and 2 mins on strength with 20 sec in between to switch machines.  It was tough, but nothing compared to Step and Puke - I was not a happy camper, but so proud that I finished it - old Bobbi would have quit 10 minutes in.  Don't quit is all I can say - you will really surprise yourself when you push. 

One last picture of my room - I am on the 2nd floor (no, they do not have elevators!) and on the end.  Look at the snow capped mountains - they are beautiful. 




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on Day One completed! Wahoo! It must feel so good to finally be there and feel successful after your first day. Our bodies really are capable of more than we can imagine. Stay strong and enjoy the rest of your week! Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you sis! Keep it up and I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only way out, is through. And, once through, you can see beyond! The first few days will be the most difficult - it is a challenge for any of us to become more than we were yesterday. And, think of yourself as a butterfly, that is strugging to break from the cocoon of your body... A cocoon that for many is a coffin - that limits their lifes' journies. It will be a struggle, but the view beyond is wonderful.

    Keep on, keepin' on.

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what Becky said... I am sooo proud of you! OMG! I looked at the calorie count from your menu; I don't think I could make it... especially with that amount of exercise. No wonder people loose so much weight. How can you make it through the day??? You ROCK, Sis!

    Much love, Biff

    ReplyDelete