That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 10, I took a bike for a spin!

Well, today did prove to be a better day.  Thank you to all who continue to post encouraging words, especially on days like yesterday.  Never wanted to quit, but frustrated beyond belief!

Had a long talk with Paige, the program director, and formulated a plan to get to full strength.  Worked out in the gym for the 2-1/2 hrs everyone else was hiking.  Did all of the weight machines and just a little cardio.  Building muscle to support the joints to avoid future injury; that's the plan!  Then I took pool class and swam 1/2 hr before and 45 min after it, for a total of 2 hrs of weight and cardio in the pool. 

After lunch I took a bike out and intended to be gone for just a little bit, but I sort of got lost.  That turned out to be a good thing!  The roads are all on a grid and I wasn't really lost, just couldn't get from where I was to where I wanted to be.  Some of the roads are not completed and you have to dog-leg around a bit to get where you want to be.  So anyway, I found my way back and to my shock I had biked for 1-1/2 hrs straight!  I could have never done that last week!  It was 1-1/2 hrs of up and down hills and no stopping!  I was so happy when I realized what I had done!  Good thing I wasn't paying attention to the time or my mind would have probably defeated me - I didn't know I could do that! 

That made me late and I missed my next class.  Then I did a pool class and then I got out of the sun.  I was a little bit of a cooked lobster after all of that but the sun was gorgeous!  Supposed to rain tomorrow.  Then it was off to dinner and then the dreaded trip to Target.  I was dreading it because I was afraid to be tempted by the food!  Isn't that horrible, that I was afraid to go out into the real world.....you are so protected here. 

I did fine at Target and I really had made it out to be more in my mind than it really was.  I didn't cheat, came back and drank a glass of water and I was just fine!  My mind and the things it thinks I want are the real battle.  I don't know why I am getting so upset over the injuries and the inability to do every class when my real battle is with the "old way of thinking."  The power of old ways is bigger than any Step-n-Puke class!

Today's menu was GREAT!  I don't like the muesli that we had for breakfast, it's sort of like oatmeal - but not, so I had toast.  With toast, you get 12 almonds for protein.  I really like the toast and the almonds.  But the to-die-for meal of the day was the Greek Pita at lunch.  It was incredible!  Can't wait to make that at home, since everyone in my family loves Greek food and olives, it should be a hit.  For dinner, I don't eat Salmon, so they just replaced the salmon steak with a veggie burger and it was good too.  The plating of the food is beautiful and really adds to the enjoyment of it.


That's about it for today.  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment