That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 12, 2nd Friday - Fridays still ROCK!!

1st let me say, I am sorry for the late post - I fell asleep last night before I had intended to!  But, the good news is that following a lousy Thursday, Friday was GREAT!!!

Did the weight room instead of the hike on Friday, per the trainers' directions.  Increased all my weights by 10 lbs!  Did 2 hrs of lifting, followed by 1/2 hr of swimming before everyone got back from the hikes.  Then we had pool and well, I was already in there and ready to go!

After lunch we had the mandatory Friday - talk-it-out session with the psychologist!  We sit around in a circle and talk about our high of the week and lows if we need to.  I really dislike talking about feelings - don't I Biff!?!?!?!  Needless to say, that is never the highlight of Friday for me.  But I am making strides with it.....

Then it was on to Total Body Conditioning.  Wow, tough class.  Lots of squats, lunges, and all sorts of torture - but it felt oh so good when it was done!  Then it was straight into Circuit.  It is an interval class where you move from cardio to weights, back and forth in 2 min intervals.  There is a 4 min cardio push at the end and my success of the day was on the much hated elliptical- I did 4 mins, 3 mins at 6 and last min at a 7.  That is HUGE for me, as I have never stayed on for more than 2 mins before and never gone above a 4! 

After that was pool - my fav!!  It was the largest pool class ever and was a little out of control - thanks to Seth.  But it really was fun.  Really did get in a great workout and the abs worked extra hard as we laughed through it while trying not to suck in water.  It felt so good once it was over - only had Stop Sign and Stretch left on Saturday to complete the week.

Came back to my room with all intentions of writing the Friday blog and promptly fell asleep!  That wraps up Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment