That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 13, No Jinx here!!

Today ROCKED!!!  I am seeing a turning point mentally.  I needed confirmation that things were really progressing and I got it.  I took 11 minutes off of my stop sign time!!  I finished in 1 hour 23 minutes and 15 seconds!!  That means that in two weeks, I have shaved 15 minutes off of my time!  I felt great when I was done.

Then it was off to stretch class - which is ALWAYS great.  I took the time to focus on my accomplishments so far - not only did I have the awesome improvement in my SS time, but my body was responding in great ways in stretch too!  I can bend and pull and reach and stretch in ways I couldn't 2 weeks ago.  I had no pain and I felt energized! 

I am so thankful for all of your well wishes, positive comments, and most of all for your prayers!  I am feeling so much better!  It is amazing the healing power of our bodies.  If I had all of these injuries at home, I would have taken at least two weeks off and maybe or maybe not have started again.  I am learning that with lots of ice and even more modifications, I can keep going!   God really did create our bodies in marvelous ways and they have so much more power to heal themselves than we give them credit for!

I am sure that the fruit and vegetable rich diet here has lots to do with the body healing and the ability to keep going!  I can't say enough good things about the food.  I never dreamed that so few calories could taste so good and be so filling.  I just got the cookbooks and am already working on multi-week menus for home.  There will be so many changes when I get home!  I have learned so much from the dietician.  I thought I knew all I could know about nutrition - ha!  Wow, there is so much to absorb.  With that said, here is today's menu.


I will sign off tonight with these pictures!  Left is stop sign day one and right is today.  Same clothes, but a different fit!!  I am getting excited about what the next 4 weeks will bring!  Good luck to all of you at the Y and hope you are seeing the results you want too!  I weigh in tomorrow morning, we will see what the scale says, but I don't care so much about that anymore.  I know how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling and that is really where it is at!!  It feels good to be strong!  TTFN

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only two weeks work there? WOW. Awesome results! And what an uplifting post! You've gotta be feeling proud and strong. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job! I will continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girrrrrrrl! I can see the difference in you! So proud!!!

    ReplyDelete