That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 16, Jumped off another ledge!

Well, as if I haven't lost my mind already - today I signed up to compete in my first triathalon!  It will be here in Utah and it will be the day before I leave here!  I was talked into it by the other lunatics here that are doing it (I say that in the most loving way!!LOL).  This should be interesting.  I am most nervous about the swim.  Lots of practice ahead in that area - right now I can only do half of what I need to do for the race.  

I have been saying for the last 2-3 years that I was going to compete in a tri.  I would start to train, usually get injured and then forget about it.  Then the cycle would start over again.  No cycle this time - I am doing it!!  I still can't believe that I have committed to this.....I know what completeing this is going to mean to me mentally.  It is going to mean more than the weight loss, actually more than my other achievements here - it is going to be about setting a pysical fitness goal and actually achieving it.  I didn't set a weight goal or a size goal or anything like that coming here, I was afraid to - but now, I have this race on April 3rd.  Wow, I can't express what this committment means to me!

Today's weather was worse than yesterday - COLD and rainy!!  But, this place does not stop for the weather.  Hikes, pool and all continued.  There have been some issues with the "celebrities" that are here.  Dan Evans and his mom Jackie from Season 5 are here and were attempting to film for show 2 of their reality series called Dan on the Golden Road (I think).  We are all divided into 3 different groups (Red, Blue and Green) each week.  They and their entourage are not in my group, so it hasn't been an issue for me, but it sure has been for some.  There was so much complaining about the TV crew that they had them leave.  Again, wasn't a big deal to me, but seems some were really bothered.  The staff were really responsive and tried very hard to appease everyone.  There is also a writer here, writing a story for a fitness magazine.  This place is really growing......

Today's menu.

That's about it.  Going to bed.  6 AM classes are hard no matter what time zone you are in!  TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck on the triathlon! Sounds like a lot of fun and what better goal to work toward. You CAN do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a triathlon that is excellent! You are doing amazing! You are my hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm thinking about using chop sticks as a way to eat meals slower and you're signing up for a triathlon. You've got to love this world.
    Happy training to everyone....whether it's training on chop sticks or the triathlon gamut....

    ReplyDelete