That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 17, I chose to do Stop Sign....Insanity!

So I wanted to test myself today.....so instead of a pretty hike, I chose that beloved sign!  I took 3 more minutes off of my time!  There was no one there to take my picture, so I just took one of the sign and one of my watch.  1hr and 20 min.  My best time yet and NO STOPPING at all this time to catch my breath!  YEAH!

I was so excited and felt so good when I got to the sign that I decided to try to make it out to Overlook and back.  I did it!  Overlook is another 1.25 miles out and 1.25 miles back.  I had never had enough time or energy left after stop sign to make it out there and back to the vans in the 2 hr 15 min time frame-until today!  The view is of the trail up to stop sign.  It was amazing to look down over what I had just climbed!  Made me feel like SuperWoman!!  I can't believe how far I have come in 2-1/2 weeks!  Here are the pictures from Overlook - but trust me, my camera doesn't do the view justice!

In the second picture, you see the little specs of white and black on the road, that is people walking down stop sign!

That means that I put in almost 7 miles today!  But the bad news is I am paying for it now.  I really killed my feet!  I have a massage here in a few to try to work out some of the pain - it is really bad!

Well - Hi folks.  This is yesterday's blog that I forgot to post before I headed off to that LOVELY massage.  Brenda did amazing things for my feet!  Sorry for that late post.... Gotta get started writing tonight's!  TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment