That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 18, Goals, Goals and more Goals

Well, yesterday I tried to kill my feet with Stop Sign, so today I did not hike - BUT that doesn't mean I didn't KICK SOME BUTT!!!!  I challenged myself to do the swim for the triathlon today and I did it!  I swam 1/2 a mile today - I thought I'd never catch my breath, but I did it!  I did that during "open gym" time and then took a pool class after it - really kicked my butt.  But, as always around here - that wasn't all the day had in store.....

I had treading (not a water class - a torture class in the gym) for the last class today and chose a bike.  I somehow pulled strength from somewhere and completed 10 miles on the bike in that class!!  That felt amazing, so I had completed the swim portion and the bike portion, could I get the run done in the same day???  After dinner I decided to try (that is on my own, after all the classes were done).  I managed 2 miles of the 3.1 that I need to do in the triathlon.  But the really big news is that I did my fastest mile ever at 13 mins!

So I still have a lot of ground to cover over the next 3 weeks, but it really feels doable from here!  My swim time needs to be cut in half and my bike time needs to drop by 15 mins and my running has a long road of improvement ahead - but I know I can do it!  I feel so empowered, this is the best journey I could have set out on.  I really do believe I can do anything!  But, right now I need to go to bed!!!!  Sorry, no pictures today, never had my phone with me outside of the room.  TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Really, so proud. This is amazing and very motivating! I know you can do this!!!! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete