That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 23, Today I ROCKED it!

Started the day with a bike ride (about 5 miles).  Hiking is just not working.  Every time I do Stop Sign, I am laid up for 2 days with my feet/ankles/knees.  Off road is scaring me because I am afraid of getting hurt.  I think the bike riding in the hike time may be the way I go this week.

That took me to lunch.  After lunch, during "open gym" I swam my 20 laps.  Today's time was 17 mins!!!  Then I took pool class.  After pool was Total Toning (mostly weights and squats - fun).  That was followed by Cardio Intervals.  I don't think I have explained those.  You warm up for about 5 mins on Cardio - I did treadmill.  Then every 30 seconds you increase your speed or incline and you do that 8 times.  After the 8th time, you decrease 8 times until you get back to where you were.  Then you sprint at full speed for 2 mins, followed by a 2 min recovery.  Then you sprint for 1 min.  Then you do it all over again.  Then you sprint for 3 mins.  Then you recover - expect I didn't stop there.  I wanted to get my full 3.1 miles in today.  So I did and I finished in 55 mins. 

Then it was dinner time.  After dinner I went on a bike ride with Meg and finished out my other 5 miles. So today, I got my swim in at 17 mins and my run in at 55 mins and my 10 miles worth of biking was too spread out to really measure, but I feel great having done it all again today.  I still can't believe that I can get that kind of workout in on a daily basis - incredible.  This place has truly made a believer out of me!!!!

That about wraps up today and I feel like I made up for yesterday's funk!  Sorry no pics.  Phone was in the room all day!  TTFN

4 comments:

  1. That's the first explanation I've seen on the cardio interval. I like it. I'm gonna try it on my next workout. Thanks! Great job modifying the hikes to stay strong. We can't let our injuries, aches or pains stop us. Modifying or changing up what we do is key to keep it going. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for holding Miss J's hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so inspirational! Good job finding an alternative to your hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWesome job rocken it, you may turn into a fish.

    ReplyDelete