That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 25, Leg Wrestling Thursday

Well, if you are my "friend" on Facebook, then you have seen the video.  Today during "open gym" we had a little competition - well, it actually turned into a BIG competition!  Once you are past your 1st week, we are supposed to put in one extra hour of exercise per day on top of the classes.  That time is called "open gym."  Most days, I swim or bike.  Today, Soniaa suggested a leg wrestling competition.  I joked on FB that when you have done every exercise class on the planet, you start making up new ways to exercise.  I think we exercised our abs more than anything else - from the laughter!


Because I got my hair colored last night, I skipped pool today to let the color settle a little before I torture my hair with the chemicals of the pool.  I took circuit after my bike ride this morning and then treading right after lunch.  After treading I was supposed to take pool, but instead I did weight lifting on my own.  I am so shocked at how well the weight lifting has come along.  I am actually up to 160 lbs on the thigh machines and doing 15 reps of bicept curls with 15 and 20 lb weights!  Up to 25 crunches at a time on the ab machine and 120 lbs of weight on the ab crunch!!!! 

My last class of the day was Ball Works.  I hate to admit it, but I had traded off ball works every other Thursday so far.  I was really afraid of the class.  Again, it is about endurance and endurance is my issue - my fear and my BIGGEST challenge!   Ball works really focuses on endurance and not so much weights or really even that much cardio.  You are lifting that stinking ball over your head and around your body for 45 mins.  In your mind, you can rationalize that is does not weigh anything; however, it is killer!  Glad I did it, but wow it was tough.

After dinner, I went to the salon to watch my friend, Jerica, get her hair cut.  They have a true talent here in the salon.  MaryAnn is a real artist - much like my sister-in-law, Amber.  Jerica's hair looks awesome!  If you are coming to Fitness Ridge, wait to get your hair cut and colored HERE with MaryAnn!!!!!!!!!  She really doesn't charge enough for her level of talent!  Can't wait to show off my hair when I get home.  No pics now, it will be a surprise!

That about wraps up Thursday, 3/17.

No comments:

Post a Comment