That lovely Stop Sign

That lovely Stop Sign
This sign is the most loved/hated thing here!

I did it! I am committed! WE are doing it!

I have taken the "before" pictures, I have announced my journey to my community. I have asked for their help in holding me accountable - I am going to lose this weight, gain health and hopefully inspire others along the way to do the same. Together we will become stronger individuals and become a stronger, healthier community!



Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 8, 2nd Monday - it's going fast

Today flew by!  It was another timed Stop Sign hike today and I really wanted to shave another 4 minutes off of my time - but it didn't happen.  I only took off 30 seconds, but I guess I should be really glad I didn't add any.  I even jogged a little bit of it, but I had to stop often to stretch my foot and ankle and there are two big dips that I had to walk down backwards (so I don't stress my knee).  I just have to keep at it.  They always ask if we want our picture taken at the Stop Sign and my answer is always, HECK YEA - I made it up here and I want the picture!

I did two extra classes today and I am so proud of myself for giving it my all.  Instead of resting after lunch, I biked to the park and shoot BB with Seth, from New York.  Then I biked back and it was time for classes to start up again - by Step-N-Puke, I kinda wished I had rested, but oh well.


The only other picture I took today was of the menu board.  Again, the food was awesome!

The wasabi mashed potatoes were to die for!  As I am following the vegetarian diet, I had rice and bean tacos and tofu in place of the chicken tonight - but it was all really good and filling.  Skipped dessert - even though it was only 31 calories, I am trying to follow the principles we are being taught - don't eat it if you are not hungry and don't waste calories on things you don't love (especially when it comes to dessert).  Since I wasn't hungry and don't love sorbets - I skipped it.  Sounds small I know, but for me it was a big step.  The Sunchoke soup was really good - don't know what a sunchoke is?  Google it, to me it looks sort of like a cross between turnips and ginger - but nobody else thought that!

Well, that's about it for tonight - I am sore and tired, but happy with today and looking forward to tomorrow.  TTFN

5 comments:

  1. What exactly do you do in step-n-puke? Is it really that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing great! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been lookin ggreat. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A side benefit to your blogs: They make me feel exhausted, and I sleep really well after I read them!
    I hope you're sleeping like a log, since you're the trooper slogging through all the hard work.
    I think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey bobbi...you should think about starting a "support group" for those trying to lose weight when you get home :) you are a leader and an encourager...and you are learning the right way to lose weight :)

    ReplyDelete